Check out our recent exchange, as well as her three titles coming out this month: EPS Yuletide Temptation from NNP, A Christmas to Remember from Ladylit and Holidays in Hell from Storm Moon Press.
Who has been the biggest influence on your writing? How so?
One of the biggest influences in my writing has to be Anne Rice. I grew up clutching her vampire novels and dreaming of one day writing one of my own.
If you were to have sex with one of your characters, which would you choose, and why?
Oh, a naughty, naughty question! When I write, I think about what it would be like with each and every one. There, now you’ve made me spill a secret. Shhhh…
Pitch yourself to new readers in thirty words or less:
Take a walk on the wild side with naughty crochet, masquerade balls, witchy shorts, ghosts, werewolves and a derby girl story that will make you moist in the knickers.
I had a woman tell my publisher that after reading my short story “Hooked” in Anything She Wants, she was considering turning gay. That has to be one of the nicest things anyone has ever said.
Today I got a wonderfully glowing article in Witches & Pagans online magazine about my Erotic Pagan Series. It made my heart happy to hear that she loved the series and wanted to see it continue.
Every author has pitfalls in their writing process. Describe one of yours, and what you do to dig out of it.
I start out mapping things on a legal pad, then tear in on the computer and keep molding and sculpting until it is done. It is not a one-shot sit-down process. It takes time. I often find myself reading aloud to make sure the flow is right. After two rounds on the Liz McMullen radio show, I have learned that you want the stories to sound natural or you are in trouble! Your words will hitch and then you face plant. Get it right first…J
My mother always joked about her special place in Hell—just punishments for guilty pleasures. What guilty pleasures will send you to your special place in Hell?
My penchant for chocolate, Walking Dead, fuzzy socks and smut novels. Oh, and using my exercise bike as a clothes rack. Bad…naughty…break out the switch. (please)
List 5 keywords for your genre and current title.
Erotic, Pagan, lesbian, holiday, Yule
Erzabet Bishop has been crafting stories since she could pound keys on her parent’s old typewriter. She has only just learned that it is a whole lot more fun writing naughty books. She is a contributing author to the Silk Words website, A Christmas To Remember (upcoming), Sweat, When the Clock Strikes Thirteen, Unbound Box, Milk & Cookies & Handcuffs, Holidays in Hell, Corset Magazine: Sex Around the World Issue and Man vs. Machine: The Sex Toy Issue, Smut by the Sea Volume 2, Hell Whore Volume 2, Can’t Get Enough (upcoming, Cleis), Slave Girls (upcoming, Cleis) Anything She Wants, Dirty Little Numbers, Kink-E magazine, Coming Together: Girl on Girl, Shifters and Coming Together: Hungry for Love, among others.
She is the author of Lipstick (upcoming), Sigil Fire (coming from Ylva in 2014), The Erotic Pagans Series: Beltane Fires, Samhain Shadows, and Yuletide Temptation. She lives in Texas with her husband and furry children, and can often be found lurking in local bookstores. She loves to bake, make naughty crochet projects, and watch monster movies.
Follow her reviews and posts on Twitter @erzabetbishop.
- Naughty Nights Author Page: http://naughtynightspress.com/nnpstore2/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=28
- Unbound Box Dessert Comes First Flash Fiction: https://unboundbox.com/magazine/blog/posts/dessert-comes-first
- Liz McMullen episode: http://www.thelizmcmullenshow.com/lbs_episode18/
- BDSM Friendbook: http://www.bdsmfriendbook.com/profile-5760/
- About Me: http://about.me/erzabet.bishop/#
- Facebook “like” page: https://www.facebook.com/erzabetbishopauthor
- Author WordPress blog: http://erzabetbishop.wordpress.com/
- Amazon author page: http:// amazon.com/author/erzabetbishop/
- Fetlife: https://fetlife.com/users/1709729
- Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6590718.Erzabet_Bishop
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/erzabet.bishop
- Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/erzabetbishop/
- Blog: http://erzabetsenchantments.blogspot.com/
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=210218566&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile
- Author Database: http://authorsdb.com/authors-directory/2690-erzabet-bishop
- Authors to Watch: http://www.profiles.authorstowatch.com/2013/05/erzabet-bishop.html